Free Online Guitar Lessons
Gretsch Electromatic Semi-Hollow
(Johannesburg, South Africa)
Crappy Photo I know, to lazy to take another
Yeah so I was cruising music shops one fateful December when I spotted this beauty hanging in a shop in Cape Town. I remember that I was looking for quite a specific sound in a guitar, telecasterish, and when I picked up this guitar I heard exactly what I wanted...
Anyways enough of the love story and down to the facts:
- It's a Gretsch and it cost me less than $1000 which, when shopping outside of the USA, is quite reasonable.
- The semi-hollow body provides a nice warm sound(so if you plan on being a metal-head this is not the guitar for you)
- Low action
- Good for Beginner - Intermediate
- It is one of the cheapest Gretsch models and it shows. In other words don't expect any fancy inlays, machine-heads, strap knobs etc.
- The mini-soapbox pickups provide a nice though not great sound(something which I'll replace soon enough)
- Made in China
- Not very versatile - It'll pretty much give you only one type of sound